Saturday, July 10, 2010

Finally in Hot Springs!!

Last year at Miss Arkansas I felt like the week went by so fast and I didn’t have an opportunity to really soak in every moment like I wanted to. I decided that keeping a blog during this next week will help me remember fun memories and events as well as keep all my supporters updated on what is going on!

Today started out with an early wake up call around 8:15 and my first thoughts when opening up my eyes were “Let the madness begin!” I immediately started thinking of all the things I needed to get done before packing up all my dresses, shorts and food for the week in Hot Springs! I got my “last chance” workout in at Stayoung Fitness in Frisco this morning and then raced home quickly to get packing! Thankfully my mom had gone out and purchased some new luggage because there is no way all my things would have fit in the bags I already had! It’s amazing what one girl can bring just for one week!

As I type, my mom and I are driving down I-30 excited about what this week holds for me. God has given me an amazing support group of family and friends that have been my foundation while I press on to reach my goals. If I didn’t have them, I wouldn’t be on my way to Miss Arkansas right now. I am truly blessed in every sense of the word.

For those who are curious, this is what my week looks like:

Sunday: Arrival @ 2 at the Embassy Hotel

Tuesday evening: Interview (Not sure on time yet!)

Wednesday: Swimsuit

Thursday: Evening Gown and On-Stage Question

Friday: Talent…I am singing “I’ve Got It Bad and That Ain’t Good”

Saturday: Top 10 announced and crowning!

Needless to say it’s going to be a busy but fun week! Tonight I get my spray tan and some chill time with my mom as we stay in the Austin Hotel before the big week begins tomorrow! Please keep me in your prayers daily! My prayer is that this week I can be a light to those around me and shine for the Glory of God while showing those judges what I’ve got and representing the best school in the state: Ouachita Baptist University! J

Philippians 3:14 “I press on toward the GOAL to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus”

No comments:

Post a Comment