Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 3- Swimsuit!



Last night I had interview and it went GREAT! I felt every single prayer prayed for m

e and I had such a peace when I walked in. I knew right away that it was only a peace I could receive from the Lord. My 10-minute interview flew by before I knew it. Funny how you spend so much time w

atching the news, reading articles, reading the newspaper and doing countless mock interviews and then BAM….its over before you know it! My roommate, Rebecca Wheely, and I decided that when we got back to the room, CNN and Fox News were to not grace the screen of our television set. It’s nice to give our brains a break for a while!

Today my dad gets into town from Boston where he and about 350 students from Prestonwood have been spreading the good news of Christ! Him, along with my mom, have been my support system throughout this whole pageant process and if it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t be here this week. I am VERY excited to see my dad tonight during visitation! :)

Tonight is dum dum dum….. SWIMSUIT! Normally the thought of strutting my stuff in an itty-bitty white and leopard print bikini would terrify me but because I have worked my tail off….It doesn’t. :)

Last year I worked out at a gym in Texarkana and watched what I ate on my own taking the advice that my big brother, Ryan who use to be a personal trainer, gave me. THIS year, I met Jake. And Jake took what I thought was working out….and busted it through the window. From hill sprints to countless miles ran; Jake has been the one who has shaped me into what I need to look like for competition. I can’t not WAIT to go out there and show my confidence along with everything I have been working so hard for. This is a picture of Jake and I at my send-off party! If anybody is interested in using in him in the Plano/ Frisco area just let me know! He is AWESOME!

Interview is over…but the competition is not! Pray that I will keep my focus and that my energy will be up!

“Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him” James 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment