Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 4- On Stage Question and Evening Gown!


Yesterday I woke up the day after interview feeling really good about the rest of the week. It was actually my day to sleep in because I didn’t have roll call till 11! But of course, I woke up at the crack of dawn with the birds! That’s what waking up so early previous days before does to your body I guess! Since I was already up, I decided that I would just take all that time to organize my messy area of the room (my mom is probably just shocked at reading that! Haha!) and get a good breakfast in! We then had roll call and headed down to the arena with ALL our competition gear! At first I picked up all my stuff and thought to myself "Wow this year's trip isn’t going to be so hard! This feels light!" Well, little did I know....I was wrong! By the time we got to the arena, my arm felt like it was about to fall off! I just chalked it up as a good arm workout!

But once I got everything situated backstage, all the girls ran through some of the numbers we had been learning the days before! After rehearsal and lunch we all headed back to the Austin to get ready for competition around 2! That time sounds early to start getting ready but with that many girls getting hair and makeup done by the same people, you can imagine it takes a little while!

After I got my hair and makeup done it was off to the arena for competition! The whole night flew by so fast! While I was standing on stage before the opener music started playing, I thought to myself, "I can’t believe im already doing this!" Sometimes you work so hard for something and then when it comes, you don’t even realize its over!

After opener, all the girls in my group ran backstage to get their swimsuit on! They questions that are asked in panic backstage while putting on swimsuits are pretty funny ones but I don’t feel like they are "blogger appropriate". Lets just say that have a lot to do with "butt glue".

When awards were called, the only thing I had on my mind was "Get changed FAST for visitation!" So I ran and got into one of my favorite Karlie dresses and headed back to the area where my parents and friends were waiting for me! Of course, I was in such a hurry to see all my friends...I forgot to put earrings in! Tisk tisk....Thanks Justin for pointing that one out :)

It was such a fun time getting to talk to everybody and hug on all the people who love me! Amy, my best friend, was there along with one of my close guy friends Ben Reeves! I got to see a lot of my E sisters as well, which made my night!

But the one thing that made my night even more special was the gift I got from my boyfriend, Tyler Toney! He wasn’t able to be there for me the first night of competition because of Dude Perfect appearances in LA.... you know- like going to Jimmy Kimmel... being interviewed on the George Lopez show..walking the red carpet at the ESPY Award Show....getting interviewed with ESPN's Erin Andrews...hanging out with the USA Soccer Team at the after party....those type of things! So in other words, I am not holding any sort of grudge! ;) But because he couldn’t be there, he wanted to get me something special! My mom handed me a steel grey box with a bow on top that said... "Today's the day to sparkle". It was so appropriate! I opened it to find the most gorgeous diamond necklace! It is called the "Journey" necklace and it drops down into a curve on my neck. Its perfect... :)

Tonight is on stage question and evening gown for me! This year we are doing on stage question in our black top and jeans that we where in opener. So right after we get done doing the opener, we head straight backstage to gear up for on stage question! Ill have to do a couple breathing exercises to calm me down just from all that intense dancing or ill be out of breathe answering my question!

I can’t wait to show off my evening gown tonight...It’s going to sparkle :) And I LOVE things that sparkle!

Thank you everybody for the prayers and support you have given me! I wouldn’t be able to do any of this without yall!

Proverbs 31:30

"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

No comments:

Post a Comment