Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Deep in the Heart of Texas.

"The stars at night are big and bright (CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP) deep in the heart of Texassss!!"


Today is a great day....because its TEXAS INDEPENDENCE DAY! 
Here are some interesting facts about Texas that you might have not known before :) 

- Texas covers about 268, 601 square miles.
- Texas is the 28th state, joining Dec. 29, 1845.
- Texas' motto is friendship.
- Texas flower is the bluebonnet.
- Texas bird is the Mockingbird.
- The Texas tree is a Pecan Tree! Yum!
- More land is farmed in Texas than any other state.
- You could fit 220 Rhode Islands in Texas!
- Texas stretches 800 miles each way.
- Texas is home to presidents Dwight D. Eisenhower, Lyndon B Johnson and George W. Bush.
- The biggest state capital in the U.S. is Texas'.
- The King Ranch in Texas is bigger than Rhode Island.
- Texas makes more wool than any other state. 
- Bethany Briscoe was born in Houston, TX. :)

Now, I know a lot of you have been annoyed or "worn out" with all the Texas Pride that people are expressing today on twitter, facebook and even on my blog but honestly- it's time to get over it. We are proud of our state....Now go and be proud of the one you live in because im sure it's great too! 

Now to change subjects...How cute are these shoes??? At lunch my mom and I went to DSW and she got me these Sperrys! I LOVE them! They will be great for spring and summer! :) 


On another random note: I know that a lot of y'all READ my blog but actually have never followed my blog! Its super simple and easy to do! On the right hand side of my page there is a box that looks like this: 


Just click that icon that says "Follow" and you will officially be a one of the Cool Kids and get an update every time I post an entry!



Lastly- check out my friend Amy's blog called All Things Girl! She is having a giveaway featuring a $25 dollar Itunes Gift Card! How exciting is that??? SO go check it out and maybe you could be rocking out to some new music soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment